Crazy Fiction and More!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Confused!

I don't get it. I started to do this whole blog thing thinking to myself, "Hey this is cool. I can write a journal that everyone can read and comment on. When people visit my sight, they will know how AWESOME God is and how many great things He has done for us. Well, I started writing stuff, and I read other people's blogs and left comments on their sights, hoping that they might be interested and read and comment on mine. Well, although I found that a couple confessed on their own sights that they had read mine, they never left anything on my sight to really let me know what they thought about what I said. My sister is the only one who actually comments on anything. Then, I came across this one blog where the guy actually blasted someone who had laft a comment because his blog was supposed to be his "personal" journal. Who was he to stick his nose in. If it's so personal, why is it posted on the world wide web for everyone to read? As I continued on, thinking that person was wierd, I found that there are others who feel the same way. And then, my sister leaves me this e-mail about linking my blog to hers. This made me curious, so I checkd her blog for the first time in a long time, and I came to the realization that she had kind of found a little group of friends to hang with online, the complete opposite of what I found. What gives! Does anyone out there care that I have anything to say about anything at all besides my sister, who sometimes thinks I'm wierd anyway just because I'm her brother? (By the way, you want to know wierd. My sister thinks it's a compliment to be called a dork. Just try it and see what happens. You can just go to to robinsstories.blogspot.com and call her a dork. I bet she'll say thank you and confirm that she loves you too.) Also, is this all supposed to be "personal." I don't see how it can be personal if it's available for anyone to read. Will someone besides my sister please say something!

8 Comments:

  • You are right about that guy being silly for thinking it an intrusion to have someone comment on his very public site. The basic unspoken rules of blogging is that if you have comments turned on, then people are allowed to comment. If you want privacy and just an anonymous one way journal, don't allow for comments. Simple.

    As for your lack of comments: I don't think there are very many people interested in God. I think you'd be sad to discover that if people did find your site and started commenting it would probably get fairly cruel, sick, and attacking. You'd ultimately want to turn off your comments.

    I only found you because you had commented on a friend of mine's site.

    By Blogger Toftie, at 9:58 AM  

  • Hey, you're 27 and you still don't know that it's 'site', not 'sight'?

    Anyway, learn to write for yourself. Enjoy writing for its own sake. People respect that, and friends will follow...

    I must confess, not too many people read my blog either. But then again, I live out my philosophy!

    By Blogger Arjun Karande, at 10:43 AM  

  • Hi, glad your wife is doing better, I knoow the feeling about this blog thing myself, I have 1, and folks do seem to be afraid to comment, gee thats why I have one too. So glad to read to tht someone is so happy with their relationship with Jesus! Rah Rah! Husband and I feel the same way. Keep writing and maybe tell me how we can link blogs that might be fun. I am a writer and found your blog by going to next blog 3 or 4 times and there you were. oh, I', peggiesbooks.blogspot.com, stop by sometime and say Hi.
    Yours in Christ..

    By Blogger peggy, at 11:07 AM  

  • Pope criticises 'explosion' of religious consumerism
    Scarborough Won't Challenge Harris in Fla. AP Marc Cohn Recalls Terrifying Shooting AP Most ... AFP Photo: Pope Benedict XVI waves at pilgrims as he arrives at Marienfeld.
    Wow! You have a distinctive blog. I'll bookmark you for sure.

    I have a FR*EE BUSINESS BUILDING site. It pretty well covers FR*EE BUSINESS BUILDING related stuff.

    Please check us out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a nascar busch series site. It pretty much covers nascar busch series related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • Cliff, it is indeed very strange for the man you mention to be angry at having received a comment - from what I can tell, when writing my posts, one can tick a little box, if one does not wish to be commented upon.
    I had to smile, when you wrote how your wife had come across material that had given your marriage a boost :-)
    Avoiding gluten isn't as easy as one might imagine, and can result in monsterous cravings for simple things - but I can see you guys were worried there for a while, so the diagnosis of a gluten allergy has become "good" news.
    By the way, I stumbled across your blog by way of my trusty "next blog" button - I'm sure, you will acquire more readers soon.
    Best of luck.

    By Blogger Autumn Storm, at 11:57 AM  

  • Nice blog! Do you have rss feed I can tap into? #3q air ionic purifier#

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home