Crazy Fiction and More!

Monday, August 29, 2005

You don't know me.

What am I thinking? Why did I ask a bunch of people who mostly don't know me about myself? That's crazy, you don't know me. I should ask someone who does know me. Anyway, this creates an opportunity for me to point something out to those that are not Christians but always point at the Christians accusingly. Most commonly, the accusation is "Hypocrites!" Well, it may surprise you, but most of us don't really think that we are so perfect in the first place. Maybe some of us do act like we think so, but trust me, it's just an act. Those who act that way are doing it because they feel insecure. When I first became a Christian at the young age of about 7 years old, I experienced that insecurity right away. I wondered if I would ever be able to live up to what I believe. Now, 20 years later, I'm convinced that nobody really can live up to it entirely. This is the part that so many people seem to miss. Christians have just as many faults as anyone else. The difference is that Christians have Jesus working in their hearts and lives to change them. It takes time to change. Sometimes, it's hard to change. You know, I have struggled for years with sweets. Although my belly gets bigger and I don't like it, I still want the stuff and I can't stay away from it. I've tried to change my eating habits, but it's hard. That's what it's like to be a Christian trying not to do the things that we know are wrong, but still want to do. But you know what? The difference between Christians and others is even bigger than that. Although we all are imperfect and do things that are wrong, Christians are forgiven, and are going to go to heaven. All others have forgiveness handed to them on a platter and they haven't picked it up yet. Because of that, they are on the way to hell. Please, I implore you, don't let people's bad behavior keep you away from the one who loves you most. He really is perfect, and He will always love you. His name is Jesus.

2 Comments:

  • You are sadly mistaken if you think it is just Christians who struggle with doing things they shouldn't.

    Have you talked with you wife and your pastor about this sermonizing thing? Cuz you just gave us another.

    ""Christians aren't perfect"" ""Between Christians and others""---do you have any idea how many people are turned off by that phrase alone? ""I'm going to heaven and you're not""

    Why would Christ tell us to shoot for something if it wasn't possible for us to get there? One of the points of His life was that if He could do, so can we.

    Now put own that candy bar and go play with your sons!!!!

    By Blogger R.A. Slater, at 11:15 AM  

  • Well, last I checked, this is my blog. I don't force anyone to read this, or to comment. If I want to write something that sounds like a sermon on my blog, what is wrong with that? You could probably take a look at most of my blog entries and say that they are sermons if you want to. By the way, I don't intend to make any accusation or brag about my eternal destination. I'm simply saying it the way it is. Christians DO struggle to do what is right sometimes. If that were not true, then why do we have Pastors that fall in failure having committed adultery? I won't by any means argue that we could never attain to the life that Jesus lived. However, the vast majority of Christians HAVE sinned since they accepted Jesus. If you are a Christian and you have never sinned after you accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, then I would like to hear from you. I haven't met one yet, and I'd like to so that I can find out your secret. Also, there IS a distinction between Christians and those that are not. Even if you disagree on what that distinction is, the distinction is still there. It's not meant to be insulting, it's just true.
    As for Christians not being the only ones that stuggle with doing right, duh! The Bible tells us that all have sinned, not just Christians. To say otherwise would suggest that you haven't sinned until you become a Christian. That's a ridiculous idea, and I never said any such thing.
    Also, so you know, I do play with my kids, and I do try to stay away from the candy bars. If I do have a candy bar, I don't do it the same time that I'm playing with my kids becasue that would invite a huge mess. But just because I eat a candy bar doesn't mean that my children miss out on their dad. I would never have that.

    By Blogger Cliff, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home