Crazy Fiction and More!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Not a boast.

OK, in my previous post, I stated the difference between Christians and others. You know, Christians are going to heaven and others aren't. Some might read that as me bosting that I'm going to heaven and your not. Well, I wouldn't boast about such a thing. I think that's awful if anyone goes to hell. Instead, I would ask that you come to heaven with me. I would never wish hell on anyone. I once had a friend in college who told me about a vision that he got from God. He was out with his drinking buddies and they were, well, drinking. Anyway, right in the middle of the whole thing, he got this vision from God. He saw himself and his drinking buddies from a distance. Every time one of them took a drink, he saw demons behind them, coaxing them on saying things like, "Yeah, go ahead, have another drink." Suddenly, he found himself in a place that he identified as hell. In every direction that he looked, all he could see was an eternal fire. He said to me, "I can't explain to you in a way that you could understand, what that looked like. I mean, in every direction, there was an eternal fire." After that vision, he accepted Jesus into his heart, and became a Christian. He was afraid of the hell he had seen. I've never seen hell myself, but what he described to me is scary. I would never wish that on anyone. I have however, seen a little glimpse of heaven. I went to sleep one night when I was in college. I had a dream. In that dream, I saw my late father in heaven. He had his hands raised over his head as he was worshipping God. His face was different than I had ever seen it before. He had the biggest grin on his face that I have ever seen. He was shouting out to God with great gladness, worshipping Him. The best word that I can use to describe his expression is glee. It was pure glee. Suddenly he looked at me. He ran to me with arms outstretched, and he hugged me. I cried. I can still remember what they embrace felt like. I'm convinced that this was more than just a dream. I believe that I actually stepped into heaven to meet my earthly father for a brief moment. If my father can be that happy in heaven, anyone can. That, I would wish for everyone. So, with that in mind, won't you accept the forgiveness available for your sins, so that you can come to heaven with me and my father. (And others too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home